Dengue Fever- Causes| Symptoms| Treatment| Prevention
Dengue Fever is a fatal but curable disease which is caused by virus and transmitted by a specific species of mosquito “Aedes aegypti”. According to centre for disease control and prevention, more than 3 billion peoples affected by dengue in the whole world. That mean more than 40% of world’s population become infectes each years. Dengu virus attacks only ones time in any person’s entire life because immunity developed against those virus. But other varient of dengue viruses can infection also as other form or disease.
Types of dengue fever
Dengue fever occurs generally in two form –
(1) Dengue fever or break bone fever- It is non fatal pyrexial illness which are affecting mainly muscle and joint with severe back pain. It is also known as break- bone fever due to affecting muscle and bone too.
(2) Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever (DHF)- DHF is severe and fatal form of dengue which is including cutaneous and intestinal haemorrhages. It is characterised by thrombocytopenia, haemoconcentration, hypovolaemic shock and neurological disorders. Under 15 years chilldrens are more prone to DHF.
Dengue rapidly spread in during or after rainy season. Because it is favorable time of breeding of mosquito. There are four types of dengue virus and any one of them may causes of dengue fever.
Dengue virus can infects only via mosquito bites, so it isn’t contagious or communicable disease. When aedes mosquito bites that person who are infected with dengue virus, mosquito sucking dengu viruse with blood.
And when that infected mosquito again bite another healthy person, the viruse enter their body with bloodstream. In this way, viruses rapidly transmitted via mosquito.
Dengue fever with mild symptoms can be easily curable if treatment began in initially stages. Persons may feel mild to sever weakness. Blood platelet count fall rapidly after infection. It may reach below 1 lac per mm cube.
In severe dengue case platlets count may also reach below 50000 per mm cube which may cause of severe Haemorrhages or internal bleeding.
But severe dengue fever may be fatal. Most of peoples are recover within week or two. The common symptoms of dengue fever are following-
- High fever ( upto 106 °F)
- Pain in eyes, muscles, joints, bone
- Swollen lymph gland
Severe dengue fever
Out of 20 dengue fever’s patients one may be severe dengue. If you have infected with denge in past, then second time infection can be more fatal or severe.
Shock and internal bleeding may result of severe dengue. Pregnant woman and infants may be more likely to develop severe dengue
Symptoms of severe dengue fever
Severe dengue exhibit their sign and symptoms after 24 to 48 hours of first fever gone. You must be care fully detect warning sign and symptoms of severe dengue.
- Feeling of tiredness and restless
- Frequent vomiting
- High fever
- Severe headache
- Bleeding from nose or gums
- Liver enlargement
- Blood in stool and vomit
The diagnosis of dengue without lab test generally some difficult to determine it is denge or other disease. Because Dengue symptoms greatly resembles to other disease symptoms. Chikungunya and dengue both have almost same symptoms. So Laboratory test must be needed for diagnose.
Mainly two types of method available for diagnose the Dengue infection.
(1) Molecular testing (Polymerase chain reaction, PCR)
(2) Antibody test
Dengue virus attack mainly blood monocytes, lymphocytes and
endothelial cells. And humans body produces antibody Ig G and Ig M against to dengue virus. Antibodies test uses primarily for diagnose of dengue.
Unfortunately, there is no specific medicine available in allopathic medicine system to cure but according to symptoms of dengu like rashes, fever, ache and pain, treatment is possible.
Other alternative medical systems like Homeopathy has infallible treatment for Dengue according to their symptoms.
Since weakness prevailes during dengue, therefore take rest as for as possible. Take pain reliever and antipyretic medicine.
Drinking plenty of fluids during dengue. Papaya may help to increase your blood pletlets count rapidly.
In case of Severe dengue or DHF immediately contact with your nearest hospital for appropriate treatment.
Prevention of dengue
Since rainy season is most favorable time flourishing mosquito and rapidly increasing their population by breeding. Malaria parasites and Dengue virus both transmitted by mosquito bites in this session more. For prevention of dengue, you must be remember some point as following below-
- Use mosquito net and repellent during sleeping. Wear full selves clothes if mosquito population are more arround your houses.
- Don’t collection of unusable water arround your house. Because mosquito require water to laying eggs.
- Mosquito larvae feeder fish name as gambusia may help to overcome mosquito population in case of water tank or ponds.
- Use mosquito traps, mosquito repellent plant, and clean debris in your house.
- Use natural insect repellent and insects net in your door and windows.
Since there is no vaccine or medicine available for Dengue disease, therefore prevention is best treatment for dengue. Although if you infected with dengu virus and experience their symptoms, you must be contact to your doctor for further diagnose and treatment without delay.
Also read << Treatment of Scabies infection (Night Itching)